Want to make a modified 360 controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madman

Joined May 3, 2012
I'm new to circuitry, and was wondering if you guys could help me figure this one out.

I want to create a rapid-fire 360 controller from scratch, with the ability to increase/decrease the rate of fire using existing components of the 360 controller. (So I don't want to cut any holes in it for extra buttons, etc)

From my understanding, there are many mod chips that already do this, but as a project I don't want to just buy a premade chip and stick it on there.

For reference, a couple of chips I know about are: Intensafire 3.0, Ragnarok, and Arbiter 3. I linked the names to a picture of each chip. (The Arbiter and Intensafire seem to be exact same thing.)

Like I said I am completely new to circuitry, but I have soldered a little before, and have taken a couple of engineering classes so I'm not completely devoid of information on the subject.

Mainly I'm wondering what types of components will I need, and also wondering how could I produce the RoF changing? I think I would need some type of memory chip or something, but this is about where my know-how falls out.

Status
Not open for further replies.