Want to learn complete technical details of a UPS . WIll be posting more questions in the future.

Rohit Kumar 1

Joined Nov 28, 2015

The above is a schematic diagram of a UPS called SR10-120 series by GTEC.

Kindly explain what are the functions of each component , especially the Input Relay , Standby Switch & Automatic By-pass.
From the circuit , please explain how the UPS enters into an automatic by-pass mode ?
What is the role of PFC Converter ? Why isn't a simple rectifier used in its place ?

I am currently working as a Sales Engineer and I want to learn everything technical there is to know about all kinds of UPS systems (of all brands)

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
I do understand that a salesman needs to understand what he is selling. Part of the confusion is that the OP is calling the FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM a schematic. To the OP... a schematic will show the individual components like resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc. Some manufacturers will provide schematics, but now days, most don't. In fact, most don't provide more than a user manual.

Rohit Kumar 1

Joined Nov 28, 2015
I do understand that a salesman needs to understand what he is selling. Part of the confusion is that the OP is calling the FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM a schematic. To the OP... a schematic will show the individual components like resistors, capacitors, transistors, etc. Some manufacturers will provide schematics, but now days, most don't. In fact, most don't provide more than a user manual.
Sorry , it is mentioned as a schematic diagram in our technical catalog.