voltage

joni

Joined Oct 4, 2009
How I can to straight the voltage of 3 phase generator that his peaks give me 24 volt and 10 watt, the average velocity of the generator is 6000 rpm
The generator don't give me a straight voltage
The motor of the system is brushless 60 watt

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
You need to define a couple of things. Is the generator a 3 phase generator or an automotive alternator? Is the motor a brushless DC motor or an AC induction motor? Manufacturer and model numbers of each would help.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
What kind of controller are you using to drive the brushless DC motor? Typical drives take the AC input from the line or generator, convert it to DC then chop up the DC to generate the equivalent of 3 phase variable frequency AC. The magic behind this is constant communication (feedback) from special sensors in the motor to let the controller know the exact shaft position of the motor. Can you describe your project?

Your original post talked about straight voltage. Do you mean Direct Current (DC). If so, you can rectify the three phases with 6 diodes set up as a three phase bridge.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Now that JohnP has answered your question about how to build a 3 phase rectifier, how do you plan for the DC from it to run your brushless DC motor???