voltage squarer???????

jndugga

Joined Feb 23, 2011
hello there i am trying to implement a voltage squarer using the AD633JN IC, i have firs tried simulating it in multisim. wel its transfer function is
W = [ {(X1-X2)(Y1-Y2)} / 10V] + Z.

Given this transfer function, squaring can easily be achieved by making X1 equal to Y1 and making X2 and Y2 equal to zero. This is done by connecting X1 and Y1 to the same input voltage (E) and grounding X2 and Y2. This is basically the same as connecting the X and Y inputs in parallel with each other.

The over-all transfer function of this circuit is as follows: W = ( E squared) /(10 V).well i have looked at the data sheet of the AD633JN, and in it they describe how to change the scalar to something else using to resistors.i want the transfer function to be W = E squared .so i want to remove the "10" but iv failed...some one to help

Last edited:

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
hello there i am trying to implement a voltage squarer using the AD633JN IC, i have firs tried simulating it in multisim. wel its transfer function is
W = [ {(X1-X2)(Y1-Y2)} / 10V] + Z.

Given this transfer function, squaring can easily be achieved by making X1 equal to Y1 and making X2 and Y2 equal to zero. This is done by connecting X1 and Y1 to the same input voltage (E) and grounding X2 and Y2. This is basically the same as connecting the X and Y inputs in parallel with each other.

The over-all transfer function of this circuit is as follows: W = ( E squared) /(10 V).well i have looked at the data sheet of the AD633JN, and in it they describe how to change the scalar to something else using to resistors.i want the transfer function to be W = E squared .so i want to remove the "10" but iv failed...some one to help
So what went wrong when you tried the technique in Fig. 16?
You need to post a schematic.
Also, what is the range of the input voltage (the one you are trying to square)?

jndugga

Joined Feb 23, 2011
well i tried to remove the 10 by using the resistor network described in the data sheet. R1=2K ohms and R2= 18k ohms.but it aint working. i want to square voltages between 3volts and 30volts..my multisim circuit is attached.. Thanx alot

Attachments

jndugga

Joined Feb 23, 2011
Hey Ron i hadn't taken that in to consideration.However i have now used an 18V rail (+)and (-) which is actually the maximum and it does the squaring just that a little error exist in there. Ron thank you a lot, i hadn't noticed that my output voltage cant exceed my supply rails. i'll get back if i encounter any other obstacles.

Thanx again

Last edited: