Voltage Regulator PSPice Model

crazyengineer

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I'm looking for a pspice model for a 7805 voltage regulator. The problem is that I 'm having a hard time trying to find it. Does anyone know where I can find this model?

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You could check TI, but I doubt it. The 7805 is a 30 year old part. Companies make spice models to sell their new parts, the 78XX series is too old to justify the cost.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I'm looking for a pspice model for a 7805 voltage regulator. The problem is that I 'm having a hard time trying to find it. Does anyone know where I can find this model?
Here is a zip file for LTspice that has the subcircuits and the .asy files for LM7805, 7812, and 7815. I also threw in LM317. You probably can't use the .asy files, but you might be able to use the .lib file for Pspice.
Someone who uses LTspice (there are a lot of members here who do) might be able to use them.
I didn't test these after I zipped them, so if there are any problems, let me know.

Attachments

Jason00

Joined Jul 31, 2012
Hi, Ron H.

Do you have Pspice models for MIC502 (fan-management IC) and SS495A (Hall-effect sensor). I really need it to do a circuit simulation.

Thanks in advance.

YUNGFEDS

Joined Mar 15, 2021
Here is a zip file for LTspice that has the subcircuits and the .asy files for LM7805, 7812, and 7815. I also threw in LM317. You probably can't use the .asy files, but you might be able to use the .lib file for Pspice.
Someone who uses LTspice (there are a lot of members here who do) might be able to use them.
I didn't test these after I zipped them, so if there are any problems, let me know.
zip files didn't work, can you help

havoklink

Joined Oct 18, 2021
I added the zip to my PSpice Library but it wont popout. How can I make it appear? I only get the LM324. I tried doing "edit" > and changing the reference model but I'm not sure how to verify it works.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Note: (Rhetorical question) Why this obsession over three terminal regulators when a simple SPICE voltage source will do?

Just curious because this comes up from time-to-time.