Voltage Multiplier Block Issue(LTSpice)

ckboii89

Joined Aug 1, 2012
Hi there, sorry if i'm posting in the wrong sub forum.

I'm building a Voltage multiplier using the LMC6482A Op-amp using diodes and my circuit is giving me issues.

Based on the formula Vout = -Vtln(Vin/IsR)

my desired output would like to be -Vth(2/1) = -.018,where Is and R cancel each other out to be 1.

However, Ltspice is giving me -0.027.....

my Is value is 1e-14 and resistor value is 1e+14
Help is greatly appreciated, i'm running around in circles trying to figure out whats going on

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Hi there, sorry if i'm posting in the wrong sub forum.

I'm building a Voltage multiplier using the LMC6482A Op-amp using diodes and my circuit is giving me issues.

Based on the formula Vout = -Vtln(Vin/IsR)

my desired output would like to be -Vth(2/1) = -.018,where Is and R cancel each other out to be 1.

However, Ltspice is giving me -0.027.....

my Is value is 1e-14 and resistor value is 1e+14
Help is greatly appreciated, i'm running around in circles trying to figure out whats going on
Those current and resistor values are far too extreme for any practical purpose.

Post you .asc circuit file.

ckboii89

Joined Aug 1, 2012
here is a zip file with the .cir and op amp mod file

the reason being the current so extreme is because if you open the .mod file in word, the specification of the diode says to use that value?? or maybe im wrong? new to ltspice

Thanks!

Attachments

ckboii89

Joined Aug 1, 2012
sorry im not familiar with .asc.... i just changed my file extension from .cir to .asc.. not sure if it will work... i posted a zip file you can download since you need the op-amp for it to work

Attachments