voltage follower

jjkk

Joined Jan 16, 2009
i am using the voltage follower to drive a transformer(basically 2 coils wound in a tube) .there is parallel LC circuit to resonate it. but i am not getting anything. how will i drive the transformer to get a better output

jjkk

Joined Jan 16, 2009
i only have a scribbled schematic. i can describe it. signal generator-voltage follower-capacitor parallel to the primary -output from secondary.can anyone tell me how to drive the coils to get a better output

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
i am using the voltage follower to drive a transformer(basically 2 coils wound in a tube) .there is parallel LC circuit to resonate it. but i am not getting anything. how will i drive the transformer to get a better output
Two coils wound on a tube might not give a very good k value. K is the efficiency of the transformer, always less than 100%.

Are the windings one atop the other? Separated? Wound together with the conductors side-by-side?

Is the tube of powdered ferrite? Iron? Plastic?

What frequency are you injecting?

jjkk

Joined Jan 16, 2009
the winding are separated.the tube is an insulation material i used a ferrite piece to go thru it.when it reach the middle of the coil it gives o/p

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
What frequency do you use? What value is the capacitor? Is it electrolytic or some other type?

If you don´t answer our questions, we can´t help you.

jjkk

Joined Jan 16, 2009
i am using 22kHz sinewave . i calculated the capacitor value as 0.3uF. so it resonates at a that frequency.but the output is disturbed.

jjkk

Joined Jan 16, 2009
impedence is arround 170uH. i am using non polariced capacitor . do i have to increase the no. of turns to get better performance