Voltage Doubler

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The voltage doubler shown only works with AC.
You probably need a boost converter to make 24 Volts from the 12 Volts.

Greetings,
Bertus

bsfrye

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I would like to - this stuff is hard for me though. I am in the prototyping stage of my project... It may be easier to simply buy one so that I can get it up and running. Long term probably put one on the board I am trying to get together. The big pain in the butt for me is doing the boards. Really hard. I try the toner transfer method and it works about 50% of the time!

bsfrye

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Well - looking at it there are only a couple resistors and capacitors... What are the other symbols? Also there is an arrow that seems to skip over the 50K resistor!? What is that?

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
arrow pointing over the 50K resistor, is the symbol for a variable resistor, 50K potentiometer.

The box is an IC, regulator I think,
100 uh is a coil.
1n5821, a schottky rectifier.

HeliEye

Joined Feb 6, 2010
The answer to your problem can be found here, as mentioned earlier >> http://www.virtualvillage.co.uk/12v-to-24v-dc-dc-power-converter-module-003602-013.html

It's the ready built version of the circuit Sgtwookie presented and costs £11.99

I bought this to fix a problem on a heavy duty PTZ camera which was struggling on 12VDC, I fitted this unit to only feed the stepper motor control PCB, setting it to 20VDC o/p, it worked great, although I'll re-design it to fit better in the confined space I have, I'll loose the fitted heatsink and use the chassis for cooling, thus keeping the profile low.

hope this helps.

Steve

Last edited: