Voltage control 0-10V

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hey all!

I'm trying to create a circuit with witch i can control the voltage and change it from 0-10v linearley!

first idea was a simple voltage divider but that will give me a curved output voltage.
the whole idea is to pull a wire that rotates a variable resistor to increase the voltage (and opposite)

Any ideas?

// Johnny
Similar to the 3080 in function. 0 to 10 V, linear as long as the pot is linear. About 300 mA out. Most any op amp will work.

Attachments

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hey all!

I'm trying to create a circuit with witch i can control the voltage and change it from 0-10v linearley!

first idea was a simple voltage divider but that will give me a curved output voltage.
the whole idea is to pull a wire that rotates a variable resistor to increase the voltage (and opposite)

Any ideas?

// Johnny
Another thought. What kind of resolution do you need? A single turn pot only gives you about 35 mV per degree of rotation. It would be difficult to dial in any precise value. A 10 turn pot gets you about 2.8 mV per degree. A 25 turn pot gets you about 1 mV per degree. I use 25 turn trimpots but I don't expect them to work forever.

Last edited: