Voltage/Circuit Transformation & KCL Problems

truettct

Joined Feb 27, 2011
Attached I have two problems that I have worked out. I think I have solved them correctly, but I may have made mistakes. I would like for someone to go over my work and see. On the second problem, I wasnt sure how to figure out v3.

Any help would be appreciated.

The problems and all my work are attached.

Thanks

Attachments

Heavydoody

Joined Jul 31, 2009
On your first problem, I have not worked it out completely, but it appears that you have reversed the polarity in your source transformation.

Heavydoody

Joined Jul 31, 2009
In your second problem, you have divided the source voltage by R1 in parallel with R2. This is incorrect. Transform to the current source in parallel with R1 and then come up with the equivalent resistance of R1 in parallel with R2. So, the resistance is the same, but the current source is 5 amps.

Heavydoody

Joined Jul 31, 2009
Sorry about jumping back and forth, I am trying to note problems as they are encountered. In your first problem, when setting up the equation for your first node, you have assumed the currents entering the node are positive in the first two instances, but negative in the last. You must be consistent with your assumption throughout.