voltage amp

Thread Starter

wol6

Joined Sep 21, 2005
4
hi all
new it all this so please help

i'm after a amplifer to amp a voltage

i have a circiut working on 5 volts ,
i have a output from 0-5volts
i need a circiut that will change the reads to the reads below

input output
0.5v 0.9v
1.0v 1.8v
2.0v 2.6v
3.0v 3.4v
4.0v 4.3v

all appox voltages give or take .25v
many thanks wol
 

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
5,718
I think this can´t be done by usual amplifier. You can use some digital procesor, compressor like CA3080, or something in the stylo of a logaritmic or exponential converter.

Why do you need such a strange conversion?
 

Thread Starter

wol6

Joined Sep 21, 2005
4
Originally posted by kubeek@Sep 21 2005, 11:34 AM
I think this can´t be done by usual amplifier. You can use some digital procesor, compressor like CA3080, or something in the stylo of a logaritmic or exponential converter.

Why do you need such a strange conversion?
[post=10498]Quoted post[/post]​
hi
i want to increase a voltage out but from a sensor by 80% extra in the 0-2volt and then going to more 30-40% increase after 3-4 volts
so the control unit thinks its reading are higher
many thanks
wol
 

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
306
Originally posted by wol6@Sep 21 2005, 07:50 AM
hi
i want to increase a voltage out but from a sensor by 80% extra in the 0-2volt and then going to more 30-40% increase after 3-4 volts
so the control unit thinks its reading are higher
many thanks
wol
[post=10499]Quoted post[/post]​
Its better to have your sensor give data linearly and then do your tweaking within a micro where you will have better control and ease of modification.
 

Thread Starter

wol6

Joined Sep 21, 2005
4
Originally posted by Brandon@Sep 21 2005, 01:21 PM
Its better to have your sensor give data linearly and then do your tweaking within a micro where you will have better control and ease of modification.
[post=10500]Quoted post[/post]​
hi
anybody got a diag of the circuit that i would need

battery voltage = 5
earth = body
input = 0-5 volts
output = 0-5volts(appox 60-80% higher than going in

+ possiblity of controled by a varible resistor controling the output

i.e changing the output from say 30%-80% increase
many thanks
wol @
scott.welsby@btopenworld.com
or links to site's with info
 

Thread Starter

wol6

Joined Sep 21, 2005
4
Originally posted by wol6@Sep 21 2005, 03:18 PM
hi
anybody got a diag of the circuit that i would need

battery voltage = 5
earth = body
input = 0-5 volts
output = 0-5volts(appox 60-80% higher than going in

+ possiblity of controled by a varible resistor controling the output

i.e changing the output from say 30%-80% increase
many thanks
wol @
scott.welsby@btopenworld.com
or links to site's with info
[post=10506]Quoted post[/post]​
sorry i didn't say its a dc voltage
 
Top