Visible light communication system Receiver

sycandy06

Joined Jan 5, 2010
Hi, I'm doing a project of using LED light to transmit data. for the receiver part, i've to start with a Bandpass filter which center frequency at 100kHz. I've designed a second order Sallen key Bandpass, but the result of the schematic doesn't at 100kHz..It has a little bit distortion. How can i fix this problem??

JDT

Joined Feb 12, 2009
Are you trying to build this 100kHz band-pass filter with an op-amp?

If so, that will be the source of your trouble. Unless you use a seriously high-frequency amplifier.

Best to use a passive filter at this frequency. A simple L-C tuned circuit will do. More complicated designs exist but will need a lot of circuit elements and mathematics!

thebigk7

Joined Aug 15, 2011
Hi, I'm doing a project of using LED light to transmit data. for the receiver part, i've to start with a Bandpass filter which center frequency at 100kHz. I've designed a second order Sallen key Bandpass, but the result of the schematic doesn't at 100kHz..It has a little bit distortion. How can i fix this problem??
hi, even I'm working on visible light communication project, any ideas on implementing the transmitter section using a laptop and LEDs ?thanks in advance