Videos not downloading

Geoffb

Joined Nov 4, 2012
Hi all,

I'm a newby to the site and I've been unable to get any of the videos to download for the past two days. Can anyone offer some advice, please?

Regards
Geoff.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I can see the videos fine, with Firefox 16.0.2 with the flash plugin that is automatically installed.

Which browser are you using?

Are you trying to view the videos or actually download them? There is no implemented option to download them, as far as I know.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi Geoff, sorry you are having troubles viewing the lectures.

As Georacer mentioned, giving us your browser & version would be helpful to troubleshoot.

The videos section uses videojs. Most up-to-date browsers will play the movies in either ogg or mp4, and if not there is a fallback to flash.

I've just re-tested the videos in the latest Chrome, Firefox and IE 7 & 8 and it worked fine.

Rob

Syn7

Joined Nov 13, 2012
I can't watch them either.

When I go to the video page, I don't see any pic, just the play arrow and then I get the loader circle thing indefinately.
I will update and let you guys know if that was the problem.

Syn7

Joined Nov 13, 2012
They're working fine for me.

Syn7, your problem sounds like it could be a slow internet connection.
Yeah, maybe. It works with firefox but not IE. And w/ firefox it has poor sound. Like that digital sound trying to catch up to itself. Lots of clipping and mini jumps. It's listenable, but VERY annoying.

Is there any way I can download these or stream them from another source?

My connection speed goes up and down. Sometimes as low as 11mbps, but usually sits at about 216. It's a wireless router upstairs and I have had problems but I also found a sweet spot that seems to work pretty well. I very rarely have problems watching youtube vids.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I don't think you can download them. Can you do a last ditch effort with a Chrome browser? It seems to be the best one one low-spec systems.

Syn7

Joined Nov 13, 2012
Yeah, I can try chrome.

Let ya know.

Oh and the reason I used IE in the first place is because I couldn't get on the site using firefox w/ Tor, so I just hit explorer to see if it worked and went with that.

Syn7

Joined Nov 13, 2012
Works fine with chrome.

What browsers do you guys use?

I use firefox the most. I'm just used to it. I'll use chrome if it's better. I don't care about all the add ons. As long as I can bookmark my favorites, I'm good. I don't need 8 search bars and 101 links.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I use Firefox. I admit that Chrome can be faster and plays flash content smoother, but it lacks some add-ons that I find very useful and Firefox has.

Syn7

Joined Nov 13, 2012
I like chrome. I have stripped it down to just boomarks and a simple browser and I am more than content. I really don't need all the other stuff.