video transmission using UWB

idris mohammed

Joined Feb 5, 2011
hi everyone:)

i have a graduation project for bachelors degree in engineering communications and the topic of my graduation is "video live stream transceiver system using UWB technology" in which is aim is to Design a transceiver system for live video signals using UWB technology in indoor region,approximately 10-20 meters,in frequency range of above 500MHz, meaning its in the wideband range, untill now we initially proposed to use OFDM modulation technique,the main idea is to transmit and recieve,while the antenna isnt an issue in this project,the simulation which we will use later in the project is matlab,my question for you guys is to help me work this thing and hopefully share with me some ideas because im running out of time and there is a lot of work to do. thank you in advance :)

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Are you asking us to design a UWB video tranceiver for you?

my question for you guys is to help me work this thing and hopefully share with me some ideas because im running out of time and there is a lot of work to do.
One question that comes to mind is what is the advantage of using UWB? Does existing hardware handle the necessary bandwidth for video? If not, have you the facilities to make your own?

What video format are you going to work with - conventional or HD? Is this just proof-of-principle, or do you have some means in mind to limit the individual video stream (possibly by encoding) so one apartment installation does not interfere with another next door (or on the next floor).

Why does this need to handle two way video?