Video editing software

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
hi,

pls. recommend me a video editing software that is free of charge where i can add texts, and shapes, etc.

pls,

thnx

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
An Old thread I know, but searching for a replacement for MovieMaker which is no longer around, I tried OpenShot, it is open source and free.
And seems like a nice step up and seguey from M.M.
Anyone using it here?
Max.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
An Old thread I know, but searching for a replacement for MovieMaker which is no longer around, I tried OpenShot, it is open source and free.
And seems like a nice step up and seguey from M.M.
Anyone using it here?
Max.
Are you sure Max is it free forever? I've read somewhere they say something about "your money refund"...

Regarding M M, in Win 10, the respective replacement does exist; via "Start" open the app "Pictures" - hope that's the right name in English. I know its name (Fotos) in Spanish. Once in the starting screen look at the top, on the right. It is there.

Never used it.

Para Max.png

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have the old version of M.M. but so far the OpenShot (open source) looks quite a bit better.
The down side is I have to run it under win10, which I despise with a passion!
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Just loaded the companion picture editor, Gimp, seems OK so far, and alot of tutorials, appears an attempt at aping PhotoShop.
But like OpenShot, its free.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Yes, there is a few video's that show how, that link was last updated in 2014, there have been quite a few plug-in's added in the 2-10-18 latest version
I picked up the hard copy of the manual from Amazon, it is also available in PDF in the Plug-in down loads .zip file.
Max.