video cards

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
i have some older (late 1990s) video cards. 3 have 26 pins on them like a conector for somthing else. due to the amount of pins i don't think it has anything to do with jumpers. i beleve it could be for some add on vidio out port, adding ram to them or some linking system. the one card has the same thing also but it has a 26 pin then missing 2 pins then a set of 6 more.
what is the most lickly use for these pins?

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Quite a few of these cards, such as the Matrox Millennium, had optional daughter boards that supported things like video digitization.

IMO nowdays video cards are pretty much a rip off. The enhanced characteristics are real, they are complete computers in and off themselves. Game makers use the extra features to make their jobs easier, but the problem is the end results are about what I got 20 years ago. They expect me to buy a new machine to run something that doesn't play as well as a game made way back when, but they charge 5X the price while sluffing off.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
yah if gou can even play those old games in win vista or 7 or even be able to run windows arow on those cards. cant even use nvidia ge force from xp in vista or 7. and now they have alot less drivers also, especily if running 64 bit. microsoft i guess made WDDM just to rip people off and make them get a new card unless you don't want arow. there is some slight advantaegs to wddm but unless your having problems with the old wddm only gives you arow, some other 3d efacts, and a slightly more stable sytem.