Very simple to make it but almost impossible to find the circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilker06

Joined Jun 26, 2018
From the video, either the PCB or the whole kit costs only 55000 indonesian rupiah, which is about US$3.87 If you can talk him into selling you the kit, it would be cheaper or less trouble to make your own.

But if you want to go the other way, here's what I've done so far. With a little more effort, you can make up the rest of the components or even the resistor values if you're patient enough.

View attachment 155146 View attachment 155147

Happy projecting.
Allen

Wooow Allen ! What a work :) Many thanks. I wrote him through whtsapp and waiting for him to reply. ( I have no hope honestly ) The cost you mentioned does not worth to talk about. I wish he sell.

ilker06

Joined Jun 26, 2018
I want to thank all of you for your kind assistance. I have got the pcb schematics and layout diagram now. He sent it immediately without any fee or cost. This is what being a human and this is what the meaning of our existence.

I am very fortunate to know you.

Now I gotto go now. I have a project to finalize :)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have a simple siren circuit I got from an old Radio Shack 250 in 1 project kit 45 years ago. The catch is finding the transistors, Never did find acceptable substitutes. Interested?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I want to thank all of you for your kind assistance. I have got the pcb schematics and layout diagram now. He sent it immediately without any fee or cost. This is what being a human and this is what the meaning of our existence.

I am very fortunate to know you.

Now I gotto go now. I have a project to finalize :)
Be sure to come back and tell us how it went. And you might want to post the schematic for comments from the experts around here, if the author wouldn't mind.

ilker06

Joined Jun 26, 2018
Be sure to come back and tell us how it went. And you might want to post the schematic for comments from the experts around here, if the author wouldn't mind.
Hi Wayneh, I don' t think he minds. He is so humble and good man. Also I need to have your ideas about two unnamed diodes. Are they 1N4007 like the rest of them or different , I could not decided. I can ask him but I don' t want to disturb him over and over.image.JPG
Meanwhile I remember Allen's message and images. It is seen that the diods are like 1N4148 or something else. Is there a possibility to be Zener ?

Last edited:

ilker06

Joined Jun 26, 2018
A schematic would make it easier to answer those kinds of questions. Do you have anything besides the board layout?
I have no schematic. But he sent a file with extension .LAY6
I don' t have a software to open it and I don' t know if a schematic exist or not inside of the file. I have tried to upload but the extension is forbidden.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I have no schematic. But he sent a file with extension .LAY6
I don' t have a software to open it and I don' t know if a schematic exist or not inside of the file. I have tried to upload but the extension is forbidden.
You should compress the *.LAY6 file to *.zip and upload it.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Did he give you a bill of materials. If not, you might ask him for that (very nicely with lots of effusive praise and thank yous for what he's already sent, of course).

You need to know the transistors that are used or, at the very least, whether they are NPN or PNP.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There are a whole lot of alarm siren circuits that fit on a circular PCB less than 2 inches in diameter. old alarm sirens with failed voice coils are often discarded, the siren circuit still works even though the speaker coil has opened. Also, two sites that have all kinds of circuits, under "alarms", are "schematicsforfree" and "freeinformationsociety". They have all kinds of circuits and so you need to go through the directory levels. One more possibility to find what you seek.

ilker06

Joined Jun 26, 2018
Did he give you a bill of materials. If not, you might ask him for that (very nicely with lots of effusive praise and thank yous for what he's already sent, of course).

You need to know the transistors that are used or, at the very least, whether they are NPN or PNP.
Thank you for your comment. He wrote that all transistors are 2SC9013 but I did not notice that 2 of the diods are unnamed at that time.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Taking a guess, the mystery diodes are in the part of the circuit where the impedance is high at audio frequencies and the voltages probably don't exceed 12V by much if at all, and the transistors are only rated at 500 ma. A 1N4148 or similar diode would probably be a better choice than a 1 amp, 1 kV device like the 1N4007.

It would be better to hear what the designer intended the part to be.

ilker06

Joined Jun 26, 2018
Taking a guess, the mystery diodes are in the part of the circuit where the impedance is high at audio frequencies and the voltages probably don't exceed 12V by much if at all, and the transistors are only rated at 500 ma. A 1N4148 or similar diode would probably be a better choice than a 1 amp, 1 kV device like the 1N4007.

It would be better to hear what the designer intended the part to be.
Thank you for your suggestion Dick. I put 1N4148 and the circuit works excellent. As far as I have noticed that you are good at this job. If I ask for another suggestion, will it be too much :)

LM 386 gets hot at long period of usage. Output has been supplied over a 220 uF cond. I guess output power is about 1 w. I have used a 8 ohm 5 w eliptic loudspeaker but actually I will use a standard cone siren speaker.

Now I have TDA 2002, TDA 2003, TDA 2009 ( Maybe I can use it in bridge mode ) TDA 2030, 2N3055, 2N2955, IRF 5210, IRF 540 and BD series.

I prefer a specially designed amplifier for this purpose because I will not use it for music or Hi-Fi.

I will be waiting for your suggestion master :)

ilker06

Joined Jun 26, 2018
You've already built this?! AND it works as intended? I'm impressed. Well done.
Thank you master. Now I have a sound level problem. I want more decibel but how :) I put just one transistor " MJE 2955 " between speaker and output. The sound level is almost the same decibel like barefoot LM386. Also 2955 works like a firestone.

I tried a couple IRF 5210 and IRF 540 the... The level decreases .... Yes, I know I make something wrong but I am not an engineer. I am just a hobby maker. Maybe the output system does not suitable to drive the power transistors in basic mode.

Now I am drawing a board for TDA 2009 in bridge mode. Maybe the siren output needs a normal amplifier instead of single power transistors.

Attachments

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
You need some voltage gain. Putting two LM386's in bridge mode would make things sound a little louder. There is 100 us in series with a 1k2 resistor between pins 1 and 8 of the LM386. If you open that connection (remove or or the other of the parts) that should increase the gain significantly. Whether that helps or not depends on how hard the amplifier's is being driven now.

Any of the amplifiers you mentioned in post #36 should work fine.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The websites that I mentioned in my previous post also include all kinds of audio amplifier circuits, from 1 watt up to about 2000 watts. So there are a lot of circuits in one place at each site. All down loadable for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.