Very fast VOX circuit?

thestraniero

Joined Apr 18, 2012
Hello,
I need to design a VOX circuit that will open immediately when mic receives a sound and shut off when the sound stops. I have seen several VOX circuits, but they all seem to remain on for several seconds. I need one that shuts off faster. It's to make a puppet's mouth automatically sync to the sound of my voice.

Kind regards!

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I found this thread in the "completed projects" forum.
As it says it is for completed projects.
I moved it over here and made it visible.

You could take a look at some sound to light circuits.
Those are pretty direct responding to the incoming sound.

Bertus

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Even if you could build one I'm absolutely certain you will be unhappy with the results. The reason is that it will be subject to many false triggering events, both on and off.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
As one that rarely questions the intent of the OP, my opinion is, "Let him experiment".
The fact that this method is almost impossible to get correct won't stop me from pointing out which part controls the shut-off delay.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Even hobby level 2 transistor "vox" circuits can be tuned to have a fast on/off response. Usually by adjusting the size of a capacitor after the rectifier. I remember making one as a kid with a LED as the output, and with the right capacitor the LED would flash for every word spoken into the microphone.

I'm sure if you build any simple vox circuit from the web you should be able to tune the response speed you need. :)