version of IE

zulfi100

Joined Jun 7, 2012
Hi,
Kindly guide me how to find the version of IE (internet explorer). I tried to install IE9 but it says that setup cant execute because a more recent version is installed on your computer.
Zulfi.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
in order to provide better info you should specify version of windows. IE on XP don't go higher than IE8, vista= IE9 max, windows 7=IE 10 max. win 8= likely default of 9 or 10. as of right now IE 10 is high as they go. if your using any OS older than XP your best bet is chrome, firefox, opera, etc.
hope this helps.

zulfi100

Joined Jun 7, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I am using windows 7 and there are is no menu bar. There is no help (also no File, Edit View Favorites & tools option are visible)option which is normally use to see the version. Kindly guide me if its 9 or 10.

Zulfi.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
from that info it's kind of hard to say. this is normal on vista and 7. this is not specifically browser related. it has to do with the changes made from XP to vista. in vista by default menu bars are hidden in OS, and IE. to make them appear briefly press alt key. to enable press alt>view>toolbars>menu bar, or right click in the heading on the top of the window and click menu bar. to know for sure your version bring up menu bar click help>about internet explorer. this will tell you the version. this menu bar is even the case with IE 7,8, and any newer browser on vista and 7.