varying hFE in CircuitMaker?

Pickup Artist

Joined Jun 17, 2008
Hi I'm new to this forum and like to say how great it is. I hope to be able to contribute at some point.

I have the 1999 edtion CircuitMaker v6.2c and have designed some analog circuits around specific BJTs. I've tried to think like a professional circuit designer and make my designs as independent of component variations as possible.

I'm attempting to vary hFE between the ranges indicated on the data sheet for a 2N5551 and want to see if my design still works (according to SPICE) with worst case scenarios. Basically it's my primitive attempt at Monte Carlo analysis. When I click on the schematic symbol and then select Edit, the only parameter I can find in the model of parameters is 'Ideal maximum forward beta'. Is this the right parameter? This software uses the Gummel Poon model and I'm not sure hFE is this paramter because may be some of the other parameter values will mathematically define what it should be and 'Ideal maximum forward beta' is just a limit and not the value that's used.

Many users on this forum say they use CircuitMaker 2000, which is no longer available, there must be an install image somewhere? If it's freeware I'd really like to get hold of it from someone.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
My version of Circuitmaker is even older (1995) and I can edit the transistor properties.

There is a 'standard' NPN device, called QNPN that is not a specific transistor type.

hi,there I need help in Circuit Maker 2000 Pro version on how to draw a USB "B" type squarish one like the camera uses 4 pins and also PIC16C745 and 74HC541 and alot of other parts..I hope you can help me in drawing USB and the chips or explain exactly how to draw and save them for future use?

!!!Urgent!