VARIABLE HIGH VOLT/AMP DC POWER SUPPLY

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
Hello All, I'am in need of a variable DC power supply unit around 0-50volt and 0-45amp. Would any one know of any kits were I could build the control part and then just add what ever transformer I happen by to power the control panel? thanks

steinar96

Joined Apr 18, 2009
I seriosly doubt you'll find a cheap 2250W capable transformer (50V at 45A) on the secondary. That thing will propably weigh like 50kg.

kits would never ever be intented for so much power unless intended to be assembled by professionals for industrial use. What are you going to drive with this ?

You have propably realised by now that the components needed for this will be REALLY expensive. Assembling this would propably cost thousands of dollars in components rated for this wattage.

I am afraid you are going to have to settle for less if you are looking for a kit.

Last edited:

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
Yea, I know. However, a good start for me is a Gulf Cart Battery charger that provides something like 48V/40amp some are 120 pri while others are 240v pri that can be had for less then 50.00bucks. At this point, for me , its just the electronics is all I could hope to put together. Any pointers you could provide would be Very helpful my friend. Thanks Lance

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Are you after an accurately regulated output? A battery charger is not a place to start, if so.

We had a Lambda supply good for 50 volts and 40 amps. The transformer must have weighed 65 pounds. The beast had SCR preregulators to keep the voltage on the filters about 2 volts above the setpoint of the output to minimize dissipation in the pass transistors.

What is the application for this monster?

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
The Monster is needed for powering HHO Fuel cells to test tweaks done to the plate stack. The stack contains 25 plates. I need to test production of HHO @14.00 vdc and 20amp up to around 35amp. Next test would be 28VDC 20amp and up. Then comes bla bla bla

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
Oh, I do industrial electric, so buck/boost transformers are not too hard to come by, plus I know a few folks in the electric Bus.

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
Steinar96
You can do whatever you want with buck/boost transformers!!! I did a setup for a friend to use if I remember correctly 577vac load from 480vac supply @ 30amp -45amp with buck/boost. just depended on AC or Heat needed.
beenthere,
we have crunched numbers," per faraday " yes it has already been, but theres a new thinking in town!!! We don't go along with the old thinking, as we TOO can think outside the box and question ALOT of things. Thanks Lance

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Repeating established science is always good, but be prepared to get the same results other people have. This isn't new science, nor is it thinking outside the box. There are no ground breaking new theories being tested here, just wishful thinking.

But I wish you luck with your experiments. Keep careful notes.

Just a thought, find some heavy duty SMPS units to get you in the ball part, and forget the transformer.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I would agree with the above completely. Faraday did the initial work around 1820 that established a minimum voltage across electrolysis plates. After that, the rate of electrolysis is completely dependent on the applied current.

What was true then is still true now.

I hope you have good test equipment and keep good notes (and share them).

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
Enjoyed the conversation everyone, thanks still have not run down a power supply unit though. The best I could find on ebay was 30vdc@30amp. Yes, keep good records, that is the need for a good PSU. Correct, the rate of electrolysis has been established, however, if I pulse the plate stack while in a magnetic field would that increase the disassociation of h20 running in a KOA solution? I would also like to inject micro waves into the solution while pulsing the stack! I have not read anything on these types of procedures. This is really off topic, but I want to ask anyway, what kind/type of radiation is created once you pass about 34,000 vac

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
however, if I pulse the plate stack while in a magnetic field would that increase the disassociation of h20 running in a KOA solution?
Nope. Oxygen is not magnetic. Hydrogen is not magnetic. Water is not magnetic. What the heck is a "KOA solution?" Do you mean "KOH?" Potassium is not magnetic either.
I would also like to inject micro waves into the solution while pulsing the stack!
You want to expose metal plates to microwaves amid a stoichiometric mix of O2 and H2?!?:eek: I hope your insurance is paid up!!
what kind/type of radiation is created once you pass about 34,000 vac
Under what conditions? RF frequency? Line frequency? DC? What exactly are you asking about?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
If you pulse the current to the plate stack it will most likely generate its own pulsed magnetic field. This again will most likely generate mechanical movement of the plates which can be very useful in terms of dislodging the gas bubbles on the plates as "bubble fouling" is one of the big issues you need to overcome with larg plate area and close plate gaps which are needed for high efficiency.

If someone starts talking about the "resonance of the H20 molecule" youll know he's a retard. But if he's talking about the mechanical resonances of the chamber or plates he MIGHT just be real smart. :)

The other problem is of course efficiency, getting the maximum amount of energy used in conversion and the least energy going to make heat. Of course you will never get near 100% efficiency but there is still HEAPS of room for legit research into high efficiency electrolysis stacks so don't let people put you off doing your own research. :)

Just remember the rules of legit electrolysis research; 1. measure the exact amount of energy going into the stack, ie VoltsxAmps, 2. measure how hot it gets (percentage of energy that got wasted) the rest is bubbles.

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
thingmaker3, thanks for reply. Correction KOH, thank You ..Full aware that H2O is not magnetic. What I am after here is the bonding "Covalently" of the electrons. Since we are sharing pairs, why can't they be elevated to a higher state much like in a laser? Hence the injection of RF and or magnetic field? Yes, consideration has been given to injection of microwaves or any other RF into an HHO producing area. Bang, but in a controlled and small area! Hence the need to also control RF wave length.

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
this is all just research in pursuit of better efficiency within electrolysis. I came here to try and get just a few answers. I am in need of a cheap source of RF. As far as RF, lets take a flyback transformer from a CRT 120 vac in 30,000 vac out. Output in complete circuit is controled by the safety capacitor around 30,000

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
volts. Now i pump pri of flyback from my varic and push to say 160-180 vac, without frying flyback, now I have a RF source. Of course I have to put proper shielding in place LOL. The question remains if some one can provide an answer, at around 34,000 vac what type of radiation would be created? Now, injection of these waves into the cell stack what would it do to the shared electron pairs?... We all know that RF within a certain range WILL force the split of H2o.

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
The RB, thanks for reply. You hit almost dead on point on something I thought about around a year ago. Resonance, how could I resonate the plate stack or say just selected plates within the stack? That is were the micro waves and the CRT flyback come into play here. can not use plates within plate stack as antenna from RF source in conductive solution. Thought about injecting RF from outside the test chamber? Next question was could I some how tap into the radiation created after the 34,00vac sec of flyback and inject it into the plate stack? While pulsing the stack with low volt high amp DC??? What would that do to the electron pairs? After all we are just ripping the pairs apart in the first place , lets get them going faster and see what happens.

lanker45

Joined May 19, 2009
I'll be more then happy to share the results of my findings here and on say Youtube and others. Every one Please remember that I am using what I have either on hand or that can be had for a few dollars as I am doing this all on my own w/out any support. So please help out if you can.