UVC led manufacturer/supplier for 220nm wavelength

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018
I don't believe there's anything useful on the LED front readily available yet. There are a number of tube type manufacturers though, due to safety issues they have special filters to control the bandwidth..

Most state of the art UVC LED are around 270nm. at present. Still they kill viruses but are not 'safe' unless used in enclosures.

golflynx

Joined Oct 6, 2020
looking for UVC led manufactuer who can supply 220nmwavelength.
I searched almost all of them i found on alibaba but they are only lamp, etc manufacturer. Iam looking for leds manufacturer, need to make some custom design.

I found was: https://www.alibaba.com/products/220nm_led.html?IndexArea=product_en
https://www.banggood.in/buy/uv-220nm.html

Does anyone knows any reputed manufacturer?
Were you able to find any reliable sources for 200-220nm LED chips? I found that most of the links on Alibaba were false and misleading. Be carefull and read the spec sheets on what your buying. They may call it 220nm but the spec sheets say 275-280. I am looking for some as well for research.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I found that most of the links on Alibaba were false and misleading. Be carefull and read the spec sheets on what your buying.
I agree with your sentiment. Don't buy from Alibaba, Banggood, Ali Express, Amazon, or eBay if you want a genuine part that will be safe. Those sellers act surprised when you bring verifiable counterfeit parts to their attention.

golflynx

Joined Oct 6, 2020
Welcome to AAC!
I agree with your sentiment. Don't buy from Alibaba, Banggood, Ali Express, Amazon, or eBay if you want a genuine part that will be safe. Those sellers act surprised when you bring verifiable counterfeit parts to their attention.
That being said are there any reliable manufactures of LED in that spectrum out there? I have found a few promising leads but have yet to get any responses to my inquiries. You would think that, in this day and age, evey manufacture would be racing to come up with a viable solution. This wavelength is going to be the mainstay in the industry in the coming years.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
That being said are there any reliable manufactures of LED in that spectrum out there?
The manufacturers aren't the problem. If a manufacturer says they're a specific wavelength, you can count on that being truthful because they have a reputation to protect. The problem is unauthorized or crooked sellers.

I'm not in the market, so haven't done any research other than to find the frequency range that's safe for people.

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
Looking online, I see one manufacturer that sells one at 255nm at a max of 7 mW. The company is SETi. They were previously a research organization that was exploring deep UV LEDs. In reading about them on their website, it looks like Seoul Semiconductor bought SETi and is now manufacturing their parts. I used some of their LEDs in some experimental instruments that involved spectrometry in a previous job. That was 10 years ago, I'm not sure what they're like today.

http://www.s-et.com/en/

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

When you look around for UVC leds, you will likely find a lot of 275 nm and higher.
Lower as 275 nm can hardly be found.

Bertus