Utilise an optical sensor to collect phase information of the helicopter and then the dc motor?

Shaggy74

Joined Oct 20, 2017
Hi, I am looking at designing a piece of equipment that will reduce the vibration in a small scale RC Helicopter. For this I am looking to measure the phase of the helicopter and the dc motor I will be using as the shaker. To then ensure the motor is 180 degrees out of phase with the helicopter. The question I have is how will I design a circuit to utilise an optical sensor to collect phase information of the helicopter and then the dc motor? Thank you in advance for your input

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hi, I am looking at designing a piece of equipment that will reduce the vibration in a small scale RC Helicopter. For this I am looking to measure the phase of the helicopter and the dc motor I will be using as the shaker. To then ensure the motor is 180 degrees out of phase with the helicopter. The question I have is how will I design a circuit to utilise an optical sensor to collect phase information of the helicopter and then the dc motor? Thank you in advance for your input

What was wrong with this thread?

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/optical-sensor.143853/

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Somebody’s obviously got nothing better to do than allow people to help each other

Well to be fair, your post is a bit vague. If you can provide more details of what you want to do then someone might be able to help. And that includes showing design work of your own. Most people are very helpful around here but there is a limit. Most people are not going to do complex design for free. Measuring the phase of motor is not a trivial task.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The new should have been pointed to the old. and te new one should have been simply closed . This is the new one.
I just closed the old thread after the post#2 and #3, the TS described that he can't get into the old thread and it has no any reply yet and this new thread already had the replied as you did, that's why I closed the thread.

Shaggy74

Joined Oct 20, 2017
Well to be fair, your post is a bit vague. If you can provide more details of what you want to do then someone might be able to help. And that includes showing design work of your own. Most people are very helpful around here but there is a limit. Most people are not going to do complex design for free. Measuring the phase of motor is not a trivial task.
Hardly vague. I’m asking how it’s possible to ensure a shaker is 180 degrees out of phase with A RC helicopters MRH

Shaggy74

Joined Oct 20, 2017
You need to put in your own work. Like start the design.
I am more than willing to put the time effort and money into producing a system. I was just looking for some expert opinions for advice having never done this sort of thing before. I thought this was a forum? Thankfully there have been people happy to give me their expert opinions

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I am assuming that your intent is to add a motor with an off-center weight to reduce unwanted vibration. Is this correct?

My only thought right now is that sounds reasonable except for one thing. How are you going to compensate for the amplitude of the vibration -- not just the phase? I seems to me that you need to adjust the off-center weight to get the correct amount of cancelling. I can't think of a way to do this without a lot of trial and error adjusting.

Shaggy74

Joined Oct 20, 2017
I am assuming that your intent is to add a motor with an off-center weight to reduce unwanted vibration. Is this correct?

My only thought right now is that sounds reasonable except for one thing. How are you going to compensate for the amplitude of the vibration -- not just the phase? I seems to me that you need to adjust the off-center weight to get the correct amount of cancelling. I can't think of a way to do this without a lot of trial and error adjusting.
That is correct I will add a motor that will act as a “shaker” to compensate the vibration caused by the rc helicopter. This will be activated once the rc helicopter reaches steady speed, it will not be altered through various speeds so only one speed will be used to prove this is possible. The concept is based on reducing the vibration in a Wildcat HMA Aircraft, unfortunately I cant afford a Wildcat helicopter () so I intend proving my concept works by utilising a rc helicopter

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
The concept is based on reducing the vibration in a Wildcat HMA Aircraft, unfortunately I cant afford a Wildcat helicopter () so I intend proving my concept works by utilising a rc helicopter
... and the Wildcat wouldn't fit in you garage. :D

Have you found a solution for cancelling the amplitude of the vibration?