USR-IO88 WiFi controller require software hints

Clement Dupuis

Joined Jul 23, 2016
Does anybody use USR-IO88 controllers and do you have any hint on how to write sofftware for them. I use one and I control it using the webpage associated with it but I would like to send/receive data to/from it with my own little application.

Thanks in advance for all help you can give me.

Clement

skipfloyd

Joined Feb 6, 2019
Does anybody use USR-IO88 controllers and do you have any hint on how to write sofftware for them. I use one and I control it using the webpage associated with it but I would like to send/receive data to/from it with my own little application.

Thanks in advance for all help you can give me.

Clement
Clement
I hope you get this reply...
I purchased this board back in 2017 and wanted to do the same thing. I program in C# and Android / Java and wanted to control this board with my code. It took me FOREVER to hack and figure out how to do it but I finally got things to work

You must pass the admin password plus a CR LF to the board before it accepts any commends from custom code
Example: You must send this via TCP/IP sockets connection is in JAVA for the Android App I have created
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
char CR = (char) 0x0D;
char LF = (char) 0x0A;
String s = "admin" + CR + LF;
mTcpClient.sendMessage(s.getBytes(StandardCharsets.UTF_8));

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This will allow the board to start receiving commands (Byte array HEX) and will not work until this is sent.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To turn on all relay's send this command
byte[] a = {(byte) 0x55, (byte) 0xAA, (byte) 0x00, (byte) 0x03, (byte) 0x00, (byte) 0x05, (byte) 0x01, (byte) 0x06};
mTcpClient.sendMessage(a);

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To turn off all relay's send this
byte[] a = {(byte) 0x55, (byte) 0xAA, (byte) 0x00, (byte) 0x03, (byte) 0x00, (byte) 0x04, (byte) 0x01, (byte) 0x06};
mTcpClient.sendMessage(a);

I have code to turn on / off individual relays
if you get this message after so long I would be glad to send C# examples or the Java Examples.
Have a great one

Skip

Last edited by a moderator:

wintoon

Joined Jul 22, 2019
Hello Skip,

I just found your thread. I am trying to use this board to do some automation in my house. I would appreciate it if you could please post some examples.

I am using python (integrating with Home Assistant) but it should be pretty strait forward. The hard part is what you have already done.

Thanks,
Sam.

marcomnc

Joined Jan 3, 2021
Hello Skip,

I just found your thread. I am trying to use this board to do some automation in my house. I would appreciate it if you could please post some examples.

I am using python (integrating with Home Assistant) but it should be pretty strait forward. The hard part is what you have already done.

Thanks,
Sam.
Hi Wintoon, I found an Home Assistant integration for the USR r16 Ethernet switch board.
It works as well for my USR io88. Just use 1-8 entities and ignore 9-16 (I would like to remove entities for rele' 9-16 and add support for reading io88 input)

Marco