using infrared sensor in pic 16f877 (fan detector)

marwen

Joined Jul 27, 2009
hi,
i'm having some troubles in my project which consist of detecting a fan sate (running or not,this shoud be done by putting an RX on top of the fan and an TX on its bottom),i have a rx tx infrared sensor ,but i have no idea how to make it work
all i found on the net was how to use rs tx infrared in remote controler,which is not useful in my situation!

any suggestions?:confused:

thx in advance,
marwen

marwen

Joined Jul 27, 2009
Yes Alberto that's exacly the idea,but i'm stuck on how to get the output from the RX sensor (how to rely the sensor to the pic,does it give an analog output or a digital output?)

russ_hensel

Joined Jan 11, 2009
Not sure what an rx tx sensor is. If the reciever is from a TV or other remote control device you need to excite it with a beam from an aprox. 40 khz ir diode. The output of this type of detector is just a 0 - 5 volt ( or maybe 3.3 v ) digital signal. Look at the spec sheet -- always a good idea.

marwen

Joined Jul 27, 2009
thx for your help hensel,now i know that the RX sensor has a digital output ,can any one describe me how i can rely it to the pic (a schematic will be great)

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I think it would help if you would tell us the part number of the LED light source (tx) and the part number for photo-detector light receiver (rx).

hgmjr

marwen

Joined Jul 27, 2009
well i don't have the parts numbers :s
any way, i found this RX module which is generic (i think)
datasheet : sklep.avt.pl/photo/_pdf/TFMS5360.pdf
can any one tell me what is the role of the " > 10 KΩ " resisor in the application schematic (page 2)

i have done some tests ,but the signal (OUT) seems to be too weak .... (that's why i'm asking for the role of the >10 KΩ resistor )

marwen