Using a 6 pin latching switch for 2 purposes?

wfddyes

Joined Feb 7, 2012
I am currently working on making a foot pedal that controls a 120V AC motor that controls the speed of my Leslie. I am trying to figure out how to use a 6 pin latching switch to turn the motor on or off and also have an LED that tells me whether I am on or off. My input power is 120V to the foot pedal and I am using old cell phone chargers to convert down to 5 volts for the LED circuit. I am using the phone chargers so that I am not putting resistors on a 120V line for leds I can use the 5v from the charger. My question is.. How do I wire the 6 pin switch so that the 120V to the motor can be cut on/off and also switch on/off the LED that takes 5v? I know a little bit have yet to figure this one out. I think I all I need is the pin outs of the 6 pin switch. Not sure where to put what lines. Thanks for your time and I hope this makes sense. Thanks

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
1. Are you insist to using the LED to be the on/off indicator?
2. Or you want to using the neon light to indicating the on/off state?
If you choosing 1 then you need 4 pins to do the job, if you choosing 2 then you just need two pins to do the job.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
If your motor runs off 120VAC and your charger runs off 120VAC... just wire them in parallel, so the same power that spins the Leslie also runs the charger so the led glows.

Scott does have a good suggestion using a different light such as a neon that runs directly off 120VAC so you can loose the charger.