Using a 24V Peltier to heat and cool a couple of L of water

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I have used a peltier cooler to keep food cool on trips and the cooing rate is quite slow So there is no need tor anything close to PWM control for a cooler that will deliver less than one degree cooling per minute. The heating will be faster because the current passing through the junction does produce heat. So with such a sow rate of change control can be on/off not PWM.

You mentioned your stress level and so now I am wondering what the project is for.
Providing more information certainly will allow the gathered wisdom that you will find here to point towards a useful answer. A lack of information leads to random guesses, some OK, some not.

n33”

Joined Mar 20, 2022
I have used a peltier cooler to keep food cool on trips and the cooing rate is quite slow So there is no need tor anything close to PWM control for a cooler that will deliver less than one degree cooling per minute. The heating will be faster because the current passing through the junction does produce heat. So with such a sow rate of change control can be on/off not PWM.

You mentioned your stress level and so now I am wondering what the project is for.
Providing more information certainly will allow the gathered wisdom that you will find here to point towards a useful answer. A lack of information leads to random guesses, some OK, some not.
There will probably never be any need to cool below 35 in practicality and I am just wishing to demonstrate proof of concept of possibility really

I thought the on / off method was called hysteresis, mistaken?

I don’t recall stress lmao! but it is for a university assignment that I’ve been struggling with in silence with no help or guidance And now time has come to deliver and I have nothing except a box covered in silicone And a circuit where one of the relays does not stop ticking LOL

I need to figure out my approach exactly how I’m going to do this and then I have about a week left to build if this is what you are asking

I need to build a flow rig that is temp controlled. The whole thing is about .45m in height and a bit just under in length Ive already made the tank connections pvc piping etc, I need to sort the electrics !!

I already have the temp sensor and lcd with arduino outputting to lcd and able to make relay switch but if I try power directly from 5v nothing happens, could that be reason of why 1 relay on one board is ticking? Not enough power. Could i power with 12V 10A supply?

it’s not really going to serve any practical purpose and just needs to work for about 15 min or so without failing or burning the place down. I’m a moron for leaving it so late but I have struggling across the board so I’ve been a bit behind anyway, but hasn’t been for lack of trying. I’ve understood things about electronics in the last week I’ve never understood my whole life lmao

again guys, thank you all for your responses. Can’t thank you enough for your time and patience

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Sorry, this thread has now been moved to Homework Help.
The rules are now different for Homework Help. Members are not allowed to directly provide solutions. They may provide guidance and assistance once you have demonstrated that you have made your own efforts in tackling your assignment.