using 6V Relay for rechargeable emergency light

nasirjavaid

Joined Aug 11, 2011
Hi there,

I am trying to build an emergence light using a 6V battery, High intensity LED lights and a 6V 5-pin Relay.

I am attaching the circuit diagram and need your comments and suggestions.

Circuit works as follows

I will be using 2 or 3 high intensity LED light in series to meet 6V voltage. so according to diagram battery will be normaly connected to the LEDs via pin 30 to 87A contact and when charger is turned on, relay will connect input voltage from 30 to 87 and hence light will turn off automatically and battery will start charging.

Regards,

Nasir

Attachments

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
You want to switch on the LED when there is no electricity, if yes
then connect the -Ve of charger to battery also for charging the battery and rst of circuit is correct.

Don't forgot to add a series Resistance with the LED's...!!

nasirjavaid

Joined Aug 11, 2011
Thanks PRITESH,

but as you can see charger -ive is also connected to relay's pin 87 which means when electricity is restored and charger is supplying voltage then relay will energize and hence connecting 87 to 30 and this way battery will start charging and stop supplying current to LEDs.

Sorry if this is newbie question but i am a newbie so please let me know do i need to connect a series resistor to each LED or one resistor in series is enough and what value should it be .

Regards,
Nasir