uses of wavelength

bhuvanesh

Joined Aug 10, 2013
red light has low frequency and high wavelenth

but the red light become less visibile after travelling .i mean cannot hit the wall which half kilometer from the source.

i need to know what changes in color with high frequency what changes in color with high wavelength

why it cannot hit the wall with same intensity as we seen at source

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
What about your eye sensitivity to red. A common color blindness causes many human eyes to be less sensitive to red colors as are mine. Are you testing it with your eye that is normal sensitivity? Or with your eye that is insensitive to red color?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
where we consider wavelength as matter in apllication
This does not really make any sense to me.
You started by saying "red light has low frequency and high wavelength".
Actually I think red light has a comparatively high frequency with respect to microwaves and it has a "short" wavelength measured in nanometers.
Then you said ".i mean cannot hit the wall which half kilometer from the source.
". I interpret this to mean that you cannot take a red laser light and hit a wall half a kilometer away from the source.

This has nothing to with frequency and wavelength, but it has everything to do with distance, intensity, scattering, and beam divergence.

So can you elaborate on when we might consider "wavelength as matter in application".

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
i need to know what changes in color with high frequency what changes in color with high wavelength
Are you asking what effects change wavelength
and what effects change frequency?

Refraction according to Snell's Law changes the wavelength.

The Doppler effect changes the frequency.

bhuvanesh

Joined Aug 10, 2013
i clear indeed about my first post.but in middle i posted one unrelated to my post.i make a new post with my doubt,thanks