useful Gmail function

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I just discovered a for me quite useful gmail functionality.

If you put in my message text a word like "attached, attachment" and I try to send the message without attaching anything Gmail will pop up a warning saying that there is some discrepancy.

I found this very useful as it prevented me from sending messages without the attachment and with noticing it.

there is only one flaw to it: the message text has to correspond to the configured gmail language, otherwise it won't recognize this inconsistency

(as they are obviously analysing the content of the message, also noticable by the ads on the right hand, I was wondering what else are they analysing... and where does this information go...?):confused:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
They are analysing YOU and Your Lifestyle and habits.
They put the information into Huge database servers and run search algorithms on them to find patterns and compare these patterns to inheritable traits and derived groupings which you possess and to which you belong.
Google plus(+) is funded by military research and intelligence agency front foundations according to private investigative journalists. /wonder why they need a social media site of their very own??

http://www.guineapigcafe.com/

Facebook, twitter, tweetin' is making so much money that they are going public, and no mention about HOW they make their money. TV stations, catalogs, DMV, everyone wants you to use FACEBOOK as the sign in.. The commercial intelligence agencies (dept Fatherland Security) are looking for you using the mark of the (TCP/IP) 666.123.345.000 beast.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Interesting, given I don't use social media. If you have been paying attention not many people here do.

Of course, you don't really understand IP addresses, given they are decimal representations of hex numbers. 255 is the largest number within a typical address.

There is a new scheme out there, but it isn't well used yet. Want to know your address?

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Just curious, since you are an unknown quantity, you are trying for humor, yes?

Last edited:

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
They are analysing YOU and Your Lifestyle and habits.
They put the information into Huge database servers and run search algorithms on them to find patterns and compare these patterns to inheritable traits and derived groupings which you possess and to which you belong.
Google plus(+) is funded by military research and intelligence agency front foundations according to private investigative journalists. /wonder why they need a social media site of their very own??

http://www.guineapigcafe.com/
I use Gmail for convenience because it works well, and Google have done well. I then use Adblock Plus to remove all but the single line banner ad (which has proven difficult.) I then go out of my way to ignore other ads (e.g. using a DVR and taking a 5 minute fresh air break during the ads), especially ignoring targeted advertisements, often buying products explicitly not advertised, making my own mind up based on the merits of the product in question. I am as advertisers might call, a "loss". That's what I hope, of course.

I don't think the DOD would need Google+. They could just use any wiretapping law or backdoor to get information on you. I don't use Google+, Facebook, or any other social network; the closest to IM I get is Skype.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I am as advertisers might call, a "loss". That's what I hope, of course.

I don't think the DOD would need Google+. They could just use any wiretapping law or backdoor to get information on you. I don't use Google+, Facebook, or any other social network; the closest to IM I get is Skype.

Me too, I consider myself a complete loss for advertisers, because I don't pay ANY attention to them.