USB pin configuration!!

peak99

Joined Nov 12, 2008
hi there can someone help me how does a USB port work.. whats the configuration for it.. i was planning to use it in my project.. ill make a some device that would read something else.. using a reader with usb port. i want my screen pop up directly the data or information inside that reader..
and also if someone could send me an IC pin configuration.. all of IC.. thanks..:)

m.majid

Joined May 28, 2008
USB port configuration
USB port is very simple to use but very complex to program

USB connection is generally Master-Slave, Master manages the connection such as detecting device attached to port, addressing port, ... Master is generally a PC
Slave is any peripheral and device such as printer, mouse, ...

for communicating via USB port, you need a driver (a system program on PC) that deals with USB hardware and has some API to application software

there are several communicating methodes to a USB connection called CLASS, each class has particular speed and configuration. for example there is class called HID (Human Interface Device) USB mouse and keyboard use this class

also u need a firm ware (program on microcontroller) on Slave side,

you must be a very expert system programmer to write your own USB class driver on PC, and firmware on Embedded system(µController)

i recommend you use the available standard general classes, (HID, Mass Storage Device, ...)

there are good examples of using USB port, with AVR Atmega micro controller, there is driver and source, firmware and source also a sample program you can find on Atmel site:
www.atmel.com

Last edited:

peak99

Joined Nov 12, 2008
hello,

thanks for the information. hmmm actually im not that good when it comes to programming.. im doing a project.. and my idea is.. making an integrated circuit(ic) device reader that is some how attached to a USB device.. and when ic is putted in that device it can be seen on the monitor...

can someone tell me what to do? cause i dont know where to start.
what program should i used? what type of usb? if someone could help me doing this i would gladly appreciate it. email me here kyo_akinawa@yahoo.com .. thanks for the replies.. sorry for asking too much.. i just really dont know..