USB card reader to memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaswally

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Hi im not very good at this so im looking for a little help to point me in the right direction

i have a USB magnetic card reader and and i was wondering how i can hook a usb or sd card up to it so its standalone
i was thinking maybe run it through an Arduino board ?:confused:
or maybe theres something easier ?
thanks in advance
;)

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
What do you intend to do? Interface a USB device with an Arduino?

You might have luck with the Uno and its new USB chip, but the older ones aren't going to be as easy, if even possible.

thomaswally

Joined Mar 22, 2011
thanks for the reply
that seems a bit to hard
is there a way that info that is read from the reader can be saved straight to some sort of memory ?

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Hi im not very good at this so im looking for a little help to point me in the right direction

i have a USB magnetic card reader and and i was wondering how i can hook a usb or sd card up to it so its standalone
i was thinking maybe run it through an Arduino board ?:confused:
or maybe theres something easier ?
thanks in advance;)
do you have all the information required to command the reader? Hardware is not a problem as there are numerous offerings. What will be the problem is if you have all the documentation required including command codes.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
being a card kind of guy, I am compelled not to assist you, just in case you end up with one of my cards in your hands. In fact, I can tell you that something like this is WAY over your head.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Every magnetic card reader has its output completely described. You can work with that to learn how to do what you wish. Or perhaps you can find a cookbook solution elsewhere.

It's hard to see a positive motivation for this interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.