Urgently in need of an IC for a Project- Please can anyone help!

Nancy sweet

Joined Mar 30, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I am designing a circuit for my academic project.

I am urgently in need of a IC for a Current controlled Oscillator (CCO) for the range 4-20mA

and a IC for a voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) for the range 0-10V with frequency range 0-50Hz.

Please can you help me in finding the IC's for the above and assist me.

Thank You in advance.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I would be a bit surprised if you found off-the-shelf CCO/VCO chips for that frequency range. But such low frequencies could easily be accommodated by a microcontroller implementation.

You need to flesh out your specs better. What voltage/current output capabilities do you need? What kind of frequency resolution do you need? How clean do you need the output to be? etc, etc.

Nancy sweet

Joined Mar 30, 2013
Hello WBahn,

I am in need of a IC for a VCO which works in the input voltage range of 0-10V and gives a output square wave frequency of 0-50Hz. Since it is very low frequency I am finding difficult to find an IC. I request you to please help me regarding this.

Thank You.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
"squarewave" is a critical piece of information? Usually when someone tallks about a VCO/CCO they are talking about a sinewave oscillator.

If you just want a squarewave, then you have several options. This would be a trivial task for a microcontroller. Or, you can use a VCO/CCO that puts out a higher frequency squarewave and simply divide it down. I suspect the bigger problem you are going to have is finding one that goes down to 0Hz. Again, trivial for a microcontroller.

Nancy sweet

Joined Mar 30, 2013
Hello Wbahn,

I appreciate your suggestion of using a VCO/CCO that puts out a higher frequency sqaurewave and then scaling it down. I would like to go for that option which is more feasible. Which IC should I use to get a VCO which can give such a frequency range?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm not gonna do your project for you. Spend some time searching vendors websites and see what you can find. You can do that as well as I can plus you need the experience and you are getting the grade. Linear Technologies and Analog Devices are two options that come to mind right off the bat.