Urgent Servo Motor Problem

swahagk

Joined Apr 2, 2011
Hi i m doing a self balancing bipedal walking robot for my final year engineering project..I m using 6 servomotors from nex robotics and controlling them using atmega128 microcontroller.. the motors were working fine until recently.. They are giving jerky movements even for one stationary position command. i cant understand why?? is it cos of the power supply??i m using 5v 1A or 2A adapters.. Also i dunno how to measure the current drawn by the motors? Pls help me out

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
:)

I was going to ask for the usual things from the OP as well some time before you finally did....

but I didn't have time to get to it then, and so on. You know!

:)

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Hi i m doing a self balancing bipedal walking robot for my final year engineering project..I m using 6 servomotors from nex robotics and controlling them using atmega128 microcontroller.. the motors were working fine until recently.. They are giving jerky movements even for one stationary position command. i cant understand why?? is it cos of the power supply??i m using 5v 1A or 2A adapters.. Also i dunno how to measure the current drawn by the motors? Pls help me out
Did this unpredictable behaviour on the part of the motors start following a change in your program? This is the kind of thing that can appear with a code change that introduces an instability.

As already stated, you need to provide code and schematic so we have a clearer picture of the design.

hgmjr

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
the motors were working fine until recently..
did it work satisfactory when working 'fine', then suddenly change? If so, it needs to be known what transpired to create the 'change'. Nothing else will matter.

We have no idea how complex your motoring profiles are and as you can guess, Urgency isn't going to happen.