*URGENT Problem with AC /DC Micocontroller

seanbein

Joined Mar 16, 2010
Hi, I am using a PIC 16F84 Micro-controller,with input coming in from the dark sensor ldr circuit that is powered by ac(230v 50hz), placed behind the projector screen and the output of the microcontroller is to turn on/off the front lights in the class.

The problem I am encountering:
1.I have little knowledge about the pic18f84 mc,its input signal that is to be fed in are supposed to be dc,but my sensor circuit is powered by ac source,how do i ensure that a dc signal comes out of the sensor circuit?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hi, I am using a PIC 16F84 Micro-controller,with input coming in from the dark sensor ldr circuit that is powered by ac(230v 50hz), placed behind the projector screen and the output of the microcontroller is to turn on/off the front lights in the class.

The problem I am encountering:
1.I have little knowledge about the pic18f84 mc,its input signal that is to be fed in are supposed to be dc,but my sensor circuit is powered by ac source,how do i ensure that a dc signal comes out of the sensor circuit?
A fair question to ask. I am quite sure the dark sensor LDR unit do have some accompanying documents that can supply you with the output specifications. Look in the TOC for specifications.