[Urgent] Homework help (DC Circuits)

pmendz2010

Joined Mar 24, 2011
Hello guys! I have a homework in DC Circuits and I need to submit it tomorrow but I don't think I do not have much time if I do it alone since I still got a lot of homeworks to do for my major subjects. So if anyone can help me, I am willing to pay someone who can give me a step-by-step solution for this problem. I really need to get this done. Here's the problem:

Solve the voltages between each of the nodes (Va, Vb, Vc, and Vd) and ground in the figure shown.

(image attached)

Anyone? Please?

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Our policy on homework starts with -
Important

The Homework Help Forum is not a free homework service; we are here to help your understanding, but fully expect the users of this forum to dictate the course of their own learning.

When posting a request for homework/coursework/assignment help, you must provide details of your attempts at the questions. Any thread that just posts up a copy of the questions without any attempts on the part of the opening poster will be directed to this thread and will be given 48 hours to satisfy the requirements detailed within. Help us, help you.
We must insist that you show work.

pmendz2010

Joined Mar 24, 2011
Our policy on homework starts with - We must insist that you show work.
Yep! I am fully aware of that and I did try solving the problems and I finished all of it except this one. I'm kinda new to DC Circuits and I am quite stuck in this one problem. Unfortunately, I think I am running out of time so I asked for help in this forum. :(

I am sorry if I am causing you trouble. :( Thanks for the help though.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
beenthere are you sure the resistors R7 and R8 are to be neglected? The way I see it, the order of the simplifications is:

Ra=R1//R3
Rb=R2//R4
Rc=R5//Ra
Rd=R6//Rb
Re=Rc//Rd
Rf=R7//R8
Rtot=Rf+Re

Can you have another look?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It means that I walked into a trick school problem.

The resistor net is redrawn per the attachment. There is an interesting connection missing.

Note to self: never assume a school problem is supposed to represent anything in the real world.

Attachments

pmendz2010

Joined Mar 24, 2011
Sorry for the bother but I'm a bit confused with simple things and I need clarification.

Consider the image attached, what would be the value of V1 (voltage across R1)?

Attachments

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Can any voltage be produced on the same node of a circuit?
The two ends of the resistor are essentially the same point in the circuit, and voltage is defined as the difference of potential energy between two points of the circuit.