UP/Down counter with PIC 16F84A

islington

Joined Jan 14, 2014
dear friends,

i need to build a easy up down counter with 7 segment and 2 digints to count the movement of a thing with 2 micro oa magnetc sensors, so googling i've found out a circuit into the forum, very happy i got the pic programmed and then done the circuit, with a preholed board
soldered some flying wire multiplexed 27seg display and connected powe, and the board don't work i tryed to reprogram i tryed the put a led on wire
i tryed all but not able to make it work, can someone help me or say me to find a similar product thatwork? please i'm very sad for this...

thank you very much for help you sincerelly sergio T.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
dear friends,

i need to build a easy up down counter with 7 segment and 2 digints to count the movement of a thing with 2 micro oa magnetc sensors, so googling i've found out a circuit into the forum, very happy i got the pic programmed and then done the circuit, with a preholed board
soldered some flying wire multiplexed 27seg display and connected powe, and the board don't work i tryed to reprogram i tryed the put a led on wire
i tryed all but not able to make it work, can someone help me or say me to find a similar product thatwork? please i'm very sad for this...

thank you very much for help you sincerelly sergio T.
Talk about a run on sentence. Yikes!

Your first step is to make yourself more understandable by following the advice in my signature.

Post your schematic as mentioned.

Post your code.

What compiler are you using?

You need to help others to help you.

Break your project down into smaller pieces. First get something to display on your 7 segment display. Something that you hard coded. Forget about the sensors for now. Just display any number. Then you can move on.

Simplify the code to just display a number and if you still have issues ppost it.

And this belongs in the embedded forum.

islington

Joined Jan 14, 2014
dear friends,

as requested i attach the archiv e with all the data, and schematcs, i also explane that i replaced the display that is not available here, with a 2 digit 7segments led miltiplexed with 2 transistors and resistors like my manual say, and tryed the output with a led but i don't get any output.

can someone help at me? may there is a secret to make it work?

you sincerelly sergio T.

Attachments

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
dear friends,

as requested i attach the archiv e with all the data, and schematcs, i also explane that i replaced the display that is not available here, with a 2 digit 7segments led miltiplexed with 2 transistors and resistors like my manual say, and tryed the output with a led but i don't get any output.

you sincerelly sergio T.
sergio T! This is not your work but something you found here http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=15024 And that code work at least in the simulator. Can you please post YOUR work. You should also know that displays come in to versions common cathode and common anode. http://ee.hawaii.edu/~sasaki/EE361/Fall06/Lab/7disp.html That may be something to look into. And it is also very clear that this is some school project. We do not mind helping students in this forum. But we require at least some effort from them. Posting a project from someone else in your own name, is not showing effort. So please try again

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
dear friends,

you sincerelly sergio T.
Most people will not open a zip file. Post your schematic in a png file. Post you code in line.

Did you try out putting a value to the display, Did you try code with no sensors or anything? Just a simple program to display values.

What have you done to troubleshoot the problem? Did you try stepping through your code with the debugger and testing that that values are changing as expected on the display?