Universal Remote

ipoplogic

Joined Jun 20, 2008
Hi and thanks to all Bros/Sis who replied to my thread.

First of all, the reason why i need to locate the schematic of a universal remote control was to understand in detail the circuitry on how the remote control works.The reason being I am currently trying to design some hardware which will automatically pause the hi-fi/dvd or mute the tv upon the arrival of an incoming call.I had already design the front part which consistutes of a phone detector circuit which will trigger the RF TX upon arrival of the telephone ringing, an RF RX will be placed in another room which the theather system is lcoated.Upon recieving the signal,"something needs to happen" to trigger the mute or pause.

Anybody can give me some idea how i could design the last part.My initial idea was to integrate a universal remote control to the RF RX but i do not know how i can do it.Please englighten.

Hey Yong
I am working on the similar project for my senior design and I am looking for schematic for universal remote aswell.. If you found anything i would greatly appriciate it if you could share it with me...
I am willling to share every thing and anything I findout
keep in touch
thank you
Mo

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Please do not hijack threads. Always open a new topic with a new question.

There are any number of universal remote controllers on the market. Almost all the work is in the microcontroller programming.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Since the majority of URC function is in software a schematic would be of little use in understanding how it works. You would see a single controller, possibly some memory a keypad and a couple or IRLED.

If you are just trying to emulate key presses by electronic means to send commands automatically then take a look at how the buttons work. They will either take the inputs high or low but if you use a small relay to close the contacts you don't even need to know this. You might also want to eliminate the batteries by porviding a 3VDC supply or whatever it needs.

yong

Joined Feb 23, 2008