Universal light dimmer

naveen123

Joined Sep 16, 2013
Hello,
I am in the process of implementing a universal dimmer(supports LVH,Fluorescent,Incandescent) for our project.But I am new to analog circuit implementation.
Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks in advance

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Just yesterday I refrained from telling someone, "Just because you can think of it doesn't mean it can be built". This is the kind of proposition that influenced Audioguru to commit virtual suicide.

Max12345

Joined Aug 27, 2013
Just yesterday I refrained from telling someone, "Just because you can think of it doesn't mean it can be built". This is the kind of proposition that influenced Audioguru to commit virtual suicide.
What happened? where is Audioguru?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
The triac dimmer will work for florescent and incandescent, though operation of such a dimmer with florescent can be a little awkward because the florescent lamps will not have large a dynamic range and will abruptly go dark as they are dimmed, while incandescent lamps will continue to dim, sometimes to apparent zero.

Two ways that come to mind of dealing with the different dynamic ranges are 1) a switch to tell the dimmer what range to use and 2) a variation on the first idea, which is to have the dimmer sense the lamp type and adjust its range automatically.

What is an LVH?