understanding my power box

jiro.iro

Joined May 23, 2009
Friends,
I've been working for a small plastic molding factory. I've been operating the machines and now I wish to understand the way the electricity works around here. The electrician that had worked here left and I have a feeling I'll be the next one responsible. I don't mind at all. In fact, I'm thrilled to learn new things. I guess at the moment I won't need to do anything as long as everything runs smoothly. However I'd like to have an overview of how things work, how the electricity is distributed, what the use of each component is, how the capacitors help, how regulators regulate, etc. Little by little from you, I will try to put them together and get a head start from there. To begin to understand this, I think I can only ask for your help, not just search the internet, because there is a unique setup that I need to understand to begin with. I have compiled some pictures of my power box in question. Please take a look and leave comments. I'll really appreciate it. Thanks a lot. It's here : http://picasaweb.google.com/jiro.iro/PowerBox#

jiro.iro

Joined May 23, 2009
Unfortunately, no. It was completed long before I worked here and from what I heard, the contractor did not include any wiring diagram and/or documentation.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That last question is very pertinant. Electricians are professionals, and electricity can be dangerous. Trying to learn high power electricity on the job is not a good way to go.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I agree with bill
by looking at the pics one can see the panel use 3 phase and have ELCB's, CB"s and contactors.
jiro....u better start from the basic if you want to learn these stuff.
Electricity can kill.
So are you game?
Rifaa