underground tracking

jayjay23

Joined Sep 30, 2011
i need a little help with this project, as showed in the picture i want to put a signal about 6 inches in the ground and be about to sense it with the appropriate sensors, i was thinking of using RF but i don't know much about RF. is there any other simple ways to accomplish this task? help please thanks :)

Attachments

Can you explain your project in a little more detail? From what I am seeing in your illustration, it looks like an inductive loop would be suitable for whatever it is you're doing.

It would be as simple as creating enough turns in the loop (or perimiter windings) across the detection area. And you would do this based on the size of the area that you want to detect.. and the size of the object that you want to sense.. which in this case I am assuming it to be a car.

I installed an inductive loop on my driveway to sense when someone was driving on it to give me a heads up when someone was outside. I don't know if you are attempting to do the same thing or if it's something else you have in mind so please give us a little more detail.

jayjay23

Joined Sep 30, 2011
Can you explain your project in a little more detail? From what I am seeing in your illustration, it looks like an inductive loop would be suitable for whatever it is you're doing.

It would be as simple as creating enough turns in the loop (or perimiter windings) across the detection area. And you would do this based on the size of the area that you want to detect.. and the size of the object that you want to sense.. which in this case I am assuming it to be a car.

I installed an inductive loop on my driveway to sense when someone was driving on it to give me a heads up when someone was outside. I don't know if you are attempting to do the same thing or if it's something else you have in mind so please give us a little more detail.
as shown in the second picture, the vehicle is to travel across the garden, keeping in a straight line and then turn 180 degrees when approaching the end of the garden. i thought the easy way will be to put a kind of signal in the ground and sense it. this way it will be easy to keep the vehicle in a straight line and also for it to make the 180 degrees turns. hope that is in more details. i like your idea :)

Attachments