Uncle Podger

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Interestingly enough, and this always makes me wonder, even since I was very little, my father NEVER asks for help when he fixes things.

I mean, not even when he's up the ladder and he lacks a nail, he 'll climb down and get it himself. I admire him for that.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
In my family, it's the women who stand around asking Why this and Why that and how does the nail feel about getting hit with a hammer, so one man takes on the real job and th other men take turns distracting the women by pretending their special talents are needed on "this other job". If we can keep the women rotated around to the wrong job, we can get one man worth of work done in a day with only 4 men working.

JoeFromOzarks

Joined Apr 14, 2010
In my family, it's the women who stand around asking Why this and Why that and how does the nail feel about getting hit with a hammer, so one man takes on the real job and th other men take turns distracting the women by pretending their special talents are needed on "this other job". If we can keep the women rotated around to the wrong job, we can get one man worth of work done in a day with only 4 men working.
True!!! Same around these parts!!

:) joe

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Joe you got agood name ,you should post more,these guys know
very little about the Ozarks and Bronson,Dolly Land and a lot more.
You can still find out- houses there maybe.

Yep, LooseWire, there are still real working outhouses in the Ozarks. The real ones, not those hot, plastic boxes... :)

We don't have a Dolly-Land, but Dolly has a show here filled with dinner and buffalo and all sorts of fun things. We're the small town with the big city entertainment!!

Bronson? Nope, it's Branson. Bronson was that actor who played the vigilante, Charles? But he wasn't from these parts. :)

I'll try to post a little more. :) Too many projects, so little time...

:) joe

Joe you got agood name ,you should post more,these guys know
very little about the Ozarks and Bronson,Dolly Land and a lot more.
You can still find out- houses there maybe.