Ultrasonic transducers for homemade/DIY cleaning tank...

PMB990

Joined Jul 16, 2020
I cant find an answer. Don't know if I am asking correctly.

What affect does volume/capacity of the tank have on the set up?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Look at what the industry has to offer. Typical large capacity ultrasonic tanks have multiple transducers. Yes, theoretically their signals might cross each other out IF they were precisely in phase with each other but so can reflected signals from the tank walls. Check the PDF files for the transducers!

PMB990

Joined Jul 16, 2020
Look at what the industry has to offer. Typical large capacity ultrasonic tanks have multiple transducers. Yes, theoretically their signals might cross each other out but so can reflected signals from the tank walls. Check the PDF files for the transducers!
Thank you Sam....

My thought is to do 2 or 3 independent units and turn on individually as capacity demanded.

I did reference 3 market units and figured Id try a 3 in 1 type of configuration. I am not skilled enough to do dials to turn up or down as necessary...

I really wish I could find an old school tens unit/muscle simulator, maybe 1 with 4 channels, to experiment with.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
TENS stimulators work on an electrical shock principle, not ultrasonic. Start small and work up. I'd start by looking at watts/capacity. There is also the issue of suspending the object to be worked on in the "sweet spot" of the sonic for maximum effect. Also, a small amount of detergent into the liquid bath helps depending on what is being removed. NOT soap but maybe something like Alconox (or one of their specialty ultrasonic use products)? Good luck! And Welcome to AAC!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Be aware that having multiple transducers will create standing waves and interference patterns.
In water, half of a wavelength is about 2cm at 40kHz.