UK PCB Manufacturer

Sloucher

Joined Feb 7, 2012
Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a UK based pcb manufacturer? I've visited quite a number of manufacturer's sites, but some are very confusing when trying to cost a batch run.

I'm trying to get an idea of the manufacturing costs for a batch of 100 boards (around 45mm x 40mm each) and possible assembly as well. I've had small quantities of my board design made in China (Sitopway) before now, and while I'm very happy with their quality and even turnround time, I'd like to have UK manufactured boards for this project.

A manufacturer that can take straight Eagle .brd files would be a bonus.

TIA
Bernie

Sloucher

Joined Feb 7, 2012
Thanks Dawud - I've certainly seen PCBTrain's website. They are on my list of possible suppliers at the moment. Have you used them at all? Can you recommend them?

I suppose I'm after personal recommendations really.

Cheers
Bernie

David_Baratheon

Joined Feb 10, 2012
Yes personally I have used them in a work capacity and I work for Rolls Royce. I used them on recommendation of other electronic engineers who work here. So most certainly I can recommend them

Do check out https://www.pcbdirectory.com/. It is the Directory of PCB Manufacturers and Fabricators on the Internet. They have listed the leading Printed Circuit Board manufacturers around the world and made them searchable by their location and capabilities like board types (rigid, flex, rigid-flex), layers, laminates etc. You can search and request quotes from multiple manufacturers listed there.

You can also visit https://www.everythingrf.com/directory/rf-pcb-design for UK based PCB manufacturers.

smooth_jamie

Joined Jan 4, 2017
If you are looking for board manufacturing in the UK (not assembly), I recommend Merlin PCB. I worked for them a while ago and I know how good they are in terms of capability, tolerance's etc. They aren't cheap if you are prototyping, but for volume UK pricing they can be competitive, and can turn around boards fast. They have made PWB's for the Raspberry Pi boards there amongst others.