two wire reversible motor 12v switch

stealth

Joined Aug 6, 2008
I have a two wire reversible motor for my active exhaust on my car. it was used to open and close the exhaust valve. I need help on a switch that can be reversed to open and close it. sounds simple and probly is to you, but to me just confusing :p I'm afraid I might burn something up :0
I'm using an exhuast system from a stealth twin turbo and the engine ecu controled the motor, I can switch pollaties with the two wires and move the valve. now I just need a switch can any one help please?

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
A "Double Pole-Double Throw-Center Off" (ON-OFF-ON) toggle switch wired as shown (rear view). One direction is Forward, the center is Off, and the other direction is Reverse.

Ken

Attachments

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
What happens when the motor reaches the limits of its travel? Does it just stall?

If the motor provides no position feedback, or means to switch itself off, then the ECU probably powered it for a few seconds and then off. Powering the motor continuously will cause it to burn-out.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Mine was a minimal answer. Maybe Stealth can provide more info...such as how the ECU that controlled the motor knew when to stop.

Ken

kammenos

Joined Aug 3, 2008
it is most unlikely to get a good answer without more information about limit switches or any other thing. Only 2 wires ? nothing else? No sensor?