two switches and two relays to control motor polarity

rynwmmr

Joined Apr 15, 2014
I had made a prior post but need more clarity.

I have two spst n.o. push button switches and two spdt relays (Bosch style). Can I get a laymens diagram draw so i know how to make the connections.

I have a 12 volt battery, and a motor. I want to wire it so that when I press one button the motor spins one direction, when I press the other button the motor spins the opposite direction. THANK YOU

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I don't know much about this stuff so the diagram is a bit greek to me. Any idea where I can get parts (online) just need two small push button switches and whatever else to make the diagram work?
You can't get much more than a Layman's drawing than inwo drew for you.
The only thing to keep in mind is that you need to keep the button pushed for the motor to run, if you need to run unattended then you would need SPST maintained switches, using the relays shown.
Max.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Your relays need two groups of contact, one for motor and another one for push buttons to be a self lock when the push button is released.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Hes not changing the function of the circuit.. He just created a new thread because no one responded in his other fast enough BUT then inwo did 30 minutes after this post was created..