Tweak some solar lights some.

jdraughn

Joined Jan 30, 2009
I bought a few outdoor solar lights. They each two LEDS and two 1.2v nicd batteries.

I was wondering how feasible it would be to combine all the batteries into one huge 1.2v battery (I have 15 lights which equals 30 AA batterys and 30 LED's) and then run wire from the original battery holders in the lights themselves into the new battery bank which contains the 30 AA batterys.

That way even if one or two lights gets a little less light or are in the shade all day, they will all light up evenly, even if they are all slightly dimmer. I could use low voltage wire and bury the wires so the lamps don't appear to be modified in anyway. They are pretty nice looking lights. I paid 2.00 a piece for them from a thrift store. They sell for 10.00 a piece new right now.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
The batteries are usually 600 mAh. Better off replacing them with higher capacity. If you put all those batteries together, you would need a bigger solar panel to charge them. Canada doesn't get much sun, and polar bears step on the lights anyway...