TV transmitter?

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
For this TV transmitter in a previous post
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15395&d=1263845213

For the video in what is the format of the video in suppose to be.
It looks like you are modulation a carrier in the VHF channel using AM modulation for the video signal.

If this is the case I am trying to figure out what colors corospond to what when modulating this carrier using AM?
Basically forget the audio I only want the video portion of this circuit but for the video input I want to plug it into the second VGA port of my computer. I know VGA I can look up the pin out but I don't know how the video in signal has to be converted to for the transmitter to broadcast the video from my computer ?

Thanks for any help

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Does the video-card have a composit video out?
Then the circuit will do.
Otherwise the VGA signal has to be converted to composit video.
This is not so easy as the scanrates will mosttimes differ from the broadcast video.

Greetings,
Bertus

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
Does the video-card have a composit video out?
Then the circuit will do.
Otherwise the VGA signal has to be converted to composit video.
This is not so easy as the scanrates will mosttimes differ from the broadcast video.
Ok , my graphics card has VGA , DVI , and s-video that is it.
If you are refering to composite RCA red,white,yellow then NO.

But I think I can make a VGA to RCA cord or at least buy one.
Another way is converting the VGA (RGB color schematic to Y, U and V for the composite video )
Their are formulas you can use to do this maybe I can convert it to thru software and then send it out the VGA port in someway.

Either way I am curious what the amplitude has to be to make it a green color pixel , or a red , or a black ,....etc on the TV. Is it like the max amplitude is the brightest , and the min amplitude is the darkest (black).... just duno when modulating this carrier what amplitude corosponds to what color????

Thanks for any help

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
Wait I have S-video connector on the graphic card isn't this doing the same format as RCA composite so I could use this? Yes/No?
And I am in Massuacheutts , USA (new england area) by boston , new york , vermont ,...etc
It's either one of NTSC, PAL, and SECAM duno which one yet.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
well, I am trying to go from my computer to an OLD CRT TV.
probably in the 1995ish area.

What I am curious of is the TV demodulation circuit for this TV.
The TV only has RCA YRW plug's and a coaxial plug for a coaxial cable or antenna.

If I put the computer graphic card in just black and white would their be any difference in usings S-video or RCA composite I read that they are both analog

S-video pin out is
1 - S-Video Luminance Ground 2 - S-Video Chrominance Ground 3 - S-Video Luminance Signal 4 - S-Video Chrominance Signal
In the mean time I will looking into your links.

Tell me if you think this should have any problems
I am also think for testing this circuit first to use my DVD player for broadcasting to the TV. My DVD player has the composite RCA out and I can then run the output of the RCA plugs on it to the TV transmitters video in.

Just read part of this
http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html
If that is all I have to do use a 470pf cap then wow that is pretty easy and I am going to do it this way.
Thanks for that

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
Just read part of this
http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/c...eo2cvideo.html
If that is all I have to do use a 470pf cap then wow that is pretty easy and I am going to do it this way.
Thanks for that
Also curious if I make this what type of wire should I use and how long can I make it 5 ft , 10 , 50ft ,...what is the exceptable range?
It would be nice if I can use 22gage wire and make it about 30ft or so.

Thanks again

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
yes , but it doesn't look like RCA composite , S-video , or VGA cables ,...etc use coaxial cable?

Maybe they do under their black outer covering duno?
Either way if coaxial is the cable I have to use then I need to use 4 them this seems cumborsome.....