TV slow coming on

logicrules

Joined May 3, 2009
My last venture here didn't really help too much. It was about my TV coming on slowly. At that time it was taking about 2 minutes now it’s up to maybe 10. So I decided it was time to open it up. It’s an Envision 27’ LCD; it’s a bear in there.

When I was a teenager I worked in a Radio, TV repair shop and we had or could get the schematics cheap; I think it was from Sims or something close to that. Now you gotta sell your soul to get one.

Anyhoo, I opened it up and could not find any “bad looking" caps and was immediately lost. Upon putting back together (with a cupla screws left over) I turned it on and after waiting for image I noticed something I hadn't noticed before; some channels would come in and others would not, so my little mind started suspecting the tuner but that’s another box to open up. Open it up again and lose some more screws; Arrrgh.

It looks like I am going to have to buy another TV; #$%@#^$##%$!

But I can turn this one on and by the time my TV dinner is done I’m ready to go.

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
post pictures of the power supply board so i can see what pcb is fitted-those models do have a stock fault with the powersupply which causes this-it does get worse until you switch on and get instant power supply destruction so its in the early stages and is reasonably easy to repair

toffee_pie

Joined Oct 31, 2009
tv's are so cheap no its not really viable in many cases to get them repaired.

£300/400 gbp can get a perfectly good set now.

I mean in the UK consumer goods are relatively cheap on line, due to the competition and large population.