TV PSU Mod help needed

Blacksypher

Joined Apr 29, 2011
can i used a higher amp fuse with my multimeter or is the 0.5 amp the highest i can go? Cuz i have some 4A 250V fuses from another project

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Replace what you took.

4A, and your DMM is dead WAY before the fuse is... Not to mention, you dont ..

just dont do it.

Blacksypher

Joined Apr 29, 2011
lol no joke ... yeah got to wait for my business partner to stop and and take me to get supplies. but ince i do i should have all the thing you suggested so if 1 fails i have a few more things to try.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Did you fix your meter?

If not, fix it, or borrow one from a friend.

Using the VOLTAGE setting, find out which wire is POSITIVE and which is NEG/GND

Connect the 12v POS to the input you need 12v on, and connect the GND to, well,...GND ;)

Blacksypher

Joined Apr 29, 2011
well no my meter is still down i found the wall wart didn't buy it ... nearest radio shack pretty far away. and my business partner still is too busy to run me there but ty. will still have to wait for it.

Blacksypher

Joined Apr 29, 2011
yeah .. just wanted to know which 1 to connect otherwise its pretty straight forward. i just carefully remove the connector in my cable on my board and attach it to the (+) end and the neg i will just attack to the ground. and plug it in now only main question do i need to worry about the mA? or is the 12 wall wart always the same mA?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Current is TAKEN or DRAWN from the power supply.. Not GIVEN like voltage.

So a 12v 15213513611366161 AMP powersupply will only give 20ma to a device requiring 20ma.

It just is not cost effective, or size effective (?) to use such a huge supply.

As for yours, as long as you do not need more than 500ma, you are fine.

Blacksypher

Joined Apr 29, 2011
ok power supply replaced but i get a weird issue .. I have a Back lit screen but no LED indicators and it just sits there any ideas?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Have you tried smacking it?

;)

You are going to have to follow the indicators traces / wires to their driver.

See if there is a cable unplugged of fuse blown.